Sunday, September 8, 2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness

    Ahhhhh, Chris Pine!!! I am in love with him and everything he does! So, needless to say, I loved this movie. The first one was excellent, and this one was equally excellent. I grew up with trekkie parents, so I have seen a lot of every version of Star Trek. I mean I watched the show, I watched the movies, I watched New Generation, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, all of them. I did not watch them as much as my parents, not did I watch them in order like they did. But still, this was part of my life growing up, and I am glad that I get to add new things to it. The new timeline is great because it allows J.J. Abrams and his cast to pay appropriate tribute to the old Star Trek and start a new version that is all their own without making too many people upset.
    This second installment continues along the broken timeline from the first movie so that J.J. Abram's Khan story can play out the way he likes. Kirk, though seemingly found in Star Trek, appears to still be struggling with some issues that are brought to the forefront with Colonel Pike's death and a new threat that changes and develops in the course of the movie. Benedict Cumberbatch was excellent as Khan and played a perfect unknown element that kept the suspense in the movie high throughout the whole 2.5 hours!
     Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, and the rest of the Star Trek crew were also as equally excellent as they were in the first movie as well. I love them all individually, and I love what they bring to these movies. Add them, to Chris Pine, to J.J. Abrams, and you have a truly fantastic combination that could continue for years (much like the originals). It is nice to have this for my generation to call its own and to share with our trekkie predecessors.
    In the end, I give this a 10 out of 10. It may not be perfection, but man is it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment