Sunday, September 8, 2013

Oblivion

    O Tom Cruise, why am I drawn to all of your movies? I blame my mom. She is absolutely in love with Tom Cruise, and I am starting to question why. I'm not saying he is bad, but I also cannot say he is good. He kind of does the same thing in every movie. I like it, I do, but I am starting to lose interest. This is just another installment in the sci-fi obsession with the end of the end of the world via alien invasion, and it can hold its own in the genre even though it is pretty predictable.
    There are only two people on earth, monitoring the last pieces left to make sure nothing interferes with the draining of the ocean so that we can move on to bigger and better things. You learn kind of quickly that something is a little off, but you don't really figure out how off until closer to the end of the movie. Again, I don't want to spoil things, since figuring out what is going on is half the fun.
    Morgan Freeman is good, as always, and Jamie from Game of Thrones even makes an appearance, which always makes things good since he is fun and nice to look at. (I promise, I do not just pay attention to hot men in movies). Besides that, there is not really a whole lot to say.
    In the end, I give this a 6 out of 10. It's worth a Redbox rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment