Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Life of Pi

    I will start this by saying that I have not read the book. I think that makes a difference because reading the book gives you an interest in wanting to see it acted out. Since I didn't have that interest driving me through the movie, I didn't really find it all that interesting.
    It was beautifully done. The scenes were pretty cool, the ocean was beautiful, especially with the glowy things and the whale. If all I was interested in was cinematography, I would have loved this movie. However, as far as story, intrigue, etc., it was severely lacking. I don't want to be too mean, because the "twist" at the end made it all a little more interesting. As a book, I think I would have loved it, the "twist", but for a movie, it did not have the desired effect.
    The majority of this movie is an Indian boy trying to survive on a boat in the middle of the ocean with only a tiger for a companion. There is lots of back and forth between the boy and the tiger. There is a little development, but not enough to really keep me for wanting to fall asleep. Like I said, if I had read the book, I think I would have been much more interested. Otherwise, it really was kind of a bore.
   In the end, I give this a 5 out of 10. Don't go see it unless you have read the book, or just like pretty movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment