Monday, July 16, 2012

Madea's Witness Protection

      I love Madea. She is pretty funny, and this movie was the first one I've seen that is ALL about her. Instead of Madea being the funny comedic relief to a serious story, she is the center piece of a a comedy she can call her own.  The problem is that I cannot say I liked it better. Madea might be better as the comedic relief, not the center-piece.
     This movie was pretty funny, it made me laugh at moments. However, some of the Madea scenes were simply drug out too long. For example, Madea when on her first plane trip, and by the time she got through security I was no longer laughing and just wanted her to get on the damn plane already!
     There's really not a whole lot to say. It is a Tyler Perry movie, it's funny. It's different because there are white people, which I don't think either added or took away from the film. As one of my friends said, it is somewhat refreshing that the movie is not about an abused woman who is trying to find her way back into the world, but maybe Tyler Perry should have stuck to a formula that really works. 
      Like I said, I liked the movie, it was just overall kind of meh. Jim's Dad gets in trouble because he is just so oblivious he didn't realize he was running a ponzi scheme or that his family was falling apart. Madea kind of whips them all into shape, Jim's Dad has an epiphany, the day is saved, and it all ends well. Hooray!
      In the end, I give this movie a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment