Sunday, June 17, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

       Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good movie. It made me laugh, there was suspense, and it had a pretty good plot line. The movie starts with the Penguins leaving Africa with the promise to come back for Alex, Marty, Melmin, Gloria, King Julian, Maurice, and Mort. However, those left in Africa get restless and decide they want to leave now. They track down the Penguins, run into trouble, and are forced to join the circus to evade the police and a crazy animal killer.
       The crazy animal killer is a little bit much and does some pretty horrible and disgusting things while trying to capture/kill the wild animals, but she does prove to be a persistent villain and pushes the plot along when it stumbles or stalls.
      There are also plenty of moments of adult humor thrown in to keep those with children, or big children like myself, entertained when it starts to get a little too childish (at one point the Russian tiger yells, "That's Bull-Shevik!"). I'd say this movie is on-par with the first and second ones, it really was pretty well done.
      However, I don't like 3D, and this movie was MADE for 3D. I saw the regular version, and would have liked it more if everything wasn't so exaggerated so that it could really pop out at you in 3D. I'm sure children that go see the 3D version will love Melmin seeming to talk in their faces, and the fancy light show towards the end, but enough is enough! The movie would have been a lot more enjoyable if I couldn't feel the 3D shoved in my face, even in 2D.
     In the end, I give it 6 out of 10, it would be 8 without the stupid 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment